The club is planning a running series.
To be eligible for the series:
- You must be on club email list (you can sign up for the list on the right hand side of the website – once you are on that list you are an official club member)
- You must email Kim Childress to let her know that you want to be included in the series.
- You must run/walk or volunteer at a minimum of 5 races to earn points. A maximum of 10 races can be used for points. You can not qualify for the series purely on volunteer points.
Other series information:
- Scoring will be as follows: 1st =5 points, 2nd=4 points, 3rd=3 points, 4th=2 points, 5th=1 point. Only Mach Tenn club members are awarded points. For example, a third place finisher would receive 5 points if he/she were the first Mach Tenn Club member in his/her age group or walking division.
- You can receive one point for volunteering at a club associated event. The events at which you may earn volunteer points are: Fall Creek Thaw 15K, Mach Tenn Triathlon, Oak Barrel Half Marathon, Jack Dash, Tims Ford Deer Trail 6 Miler.
- The series age groups are:
- 19 and under
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 +
- Awards will be given at the 2016 Winter Blues Party
Runs that will be part of the race series
- 2/14 – Sweetheart 5K – Winchester
- 3/7 – Fall Creek Thaw 15K – Pikeville
- 3/7 – Tom King Half Marathon and 5K – Nashville
- 3/14 – Paws for a Cause 5K – Shelbyville
- 3/28 – Over the Hill and Through the Woods 10K & 5K – Shelbyville
- April 25 – Cornbread Festival 5K – South Pittsburg
- May 1 – Howl at the Moon 5K – Manchester
- 5/2 – See Spot Run 5K – Murfreesboro
- August 22- Doughboy Challenge 5K – Murfreesboro
- 5/2 – Stolling Jim 10K – Wartrace
- 5/14 – Viola Valley Half Marathon – Viola
- 6/20 – RC Cola-Moon Pie 10 Mile Run – Bell Buckle
- 6/27 – Firecracker Chase 10.2 Miler & 5K – Fayetteville
- Sept – Imagination Library 5 Miler – Fayetteville
- Late Sept/Early Oct – Goat’s Gallop 5K – Lewisburg
- 10/3 – Winchester Half Marathon – Winchester
- 10/18 – 4 Bridges Half Marathon & 2 Bridges 5K – Chattanooga
- 10/24 – Jack Dash 7 miler & 5K – Lynchburg
- 12/5 – Tims Ford Deer Trail 6 Miler – Winchester